Our philosophy starts with the simple belief that kids are capable of incredible things. Our job is to nurture that ability; our goal is to support kids' healthy development. Play is how kids learn--here, it is in both a STEM-rich environment and inviting outdoor experience.
Accessibility & Inclusion: Especially for Me
The Especially for Me program series offers dedicated hours* and free museum admission for families with children facing developmental challenges, and was developed with support from local and regional service organizations. We offer:
- free evenings for families with children with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- free ASD-friendly afternoons* for families with children with an autism spectrum disorder
- free mornings for families with infants and toddlers who are deaf or hard of hearing
- free evenings for families with children who are deaf or hard of hearing
- free evenings for families with children with a visual impairment
* ASD-friendly afternoons are offered while the museums are open to the public, but fairly quiet because we do not schedule any group visits or birthday parties on those days. All other Especially for Me programs are closed to the general public.
All are events free, but require pre-registration online through the links below so that we can plan appropriately plan for food and other resources.
We are grateful to the following organizations for support of our Especially for Me offerings: